Fractured Thrones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fractured Thrones

Vampire Larp

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ethan Ridley Sumter

DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Empty
PostSubject: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Alright, DnD folks. My one-shot session is next Sunday, the 21st. You will all need to start with LEVEL ONE CHARACTERS, which means we have a few options here...

1) You guys roll them up for yourselves.
2) I bring in some stock premades and we see who wants what.

The system is 3.5. You're free to use anything you want--your DM certainly will. The setting is original, so no campaign-specific stuff.

It is a one-shot adventure, but it's designed to be a lead-in to more, if you guys are interested in continuing on.

GO!

And tell me what you want to do. I'm thinking meet at Subway at 11AM for character stuff, start gaming around noon when Hobbytown opens.

~Ellen
Back to top Go down
Frank Parker

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm game for either method, but I would rather generate my own character. Just wondering what your stat generating method is going to be: 3d6, 4d6 highest three, 4d6 re-roll ones, etc. I have had varying degrees of success with just about every method of stat generating you can think of. I am also fairly partial to the point buy system found in Iron Heroes. If you have a specific method that you want to use, let us know as that will possibly speed up character generation.
Back to top Go down
The Red
Admin
The Red

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm

i am personally a fan of the 4d6 reroll 1's.

i would say best bet is to get there either at 10 or 11 at subway (or other nearby location in case they don't want us in there) to do character gen. i know that some dm's are cool with letting people generate characters at home, however most i know would rather watch the character gen go on.

also, i'd like us to figure out who all will be playing and if we can figure out what. i'm pretty sure that if we had a party of 5-6 and we were all playing rogues, as amusing as that would be, it'd probably kind of get annoying, perhaps. all i think (what's that?), is that we should come up with some idea prior to game day.

also can we know how much gold we're getting as well?
Back to top Go down
http://autumnwraith.deviantart.com
Ethan Ridley Sumter

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:37 pm

For determining stats, 4d6 reroll 1's.

Everyone starts with 100g.

Freddie: I'm not familiar with the point buy system.

NO PSIONICS. They are rare in this world--extremely rare.

We are meeting for character gen on Sunday at 11AM, at Subway. Feel free to have come up with a basic concept before then, but most of the actual generation will take place there. If you want to use something that's not in the three core rulebooks (PHB, DMG, MM), bring the book in. Preferably a paper copy. If it's not a paper copy, bring a printout for your DM.

This is NOT an Eberron campaign. This is NOT a Forgotten Realms campaign. If you want to use something from those books, be prepared to explain why.

Any other questions, drop me a message.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

What do you have for a rogues guild in your world? Or really any other guilds? I'm not looking to spoil anything but I personally, with your permission oh holy DM, will be running a human Skill based Rogue.
Back to top Go down
Frank Parker

PostSubject: probable character class   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:34 pm

more than likely I will be playing either a sorcerer or a fighter; class will help me determine race; class will ultimately be decided by the layout of my stats
Back to top Go down
Ethan Ridley Sumter

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Stefan: The usual. Thieves' Guild, Assassins' Guild, that sort of thing. Except with more interesting names. When I get an idea of where you're headed with your character, I'll point you in the right direction.

Freddie: Oooh, good. I'm just looking to get a variety of classes in here.

If someone wants to roll up a healy-type, it'd be nice.

Ellen
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:00 am

First-aid-rogue to the rescue??
Back to top Go down
Frank Parker

PostSubject: healy-type   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Maybe I'll go cleric-sorcerer dual class
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 pm

for back story should i type mine out or leave it for verbal display before game?
Back to top Go down
https://fracturedthrones.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...   DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DnD Specific: My One-Shot Session...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fractured Thrones :: D&D HobbyTown-
Jump to: